Friday, January 8, 2021

Editing Blog


 Today my group and I edited. We filmed all of the takes on Tekla’s phone throughout the filming process. We wanted to use iMovie as our editing software, which works out because I have it on my laptop. In addition to this, Tekla, Dominic, and I will all be able to edit the short film because we all also have iPhones. This is helpful because it will help us speed up the editing process. After the filming process was completed, Tekla used AirDrop to give me the videos. By airdropping the videos, they will have a higher resolution than if we sent them by email or text. 

Then I uploaded the videos to my computer. Once I finished uploading all of the videos into iMovie, my group and I selected which takes will be our shots. This allowed us to cut down our footage, and keep the best takes. Then we cut the extra footage on each shot. This allowed the video to run smoothly. This process luckily didn't take too long. However, we still had to add diegetic and non-diegetic sounds. These sounds were extremely crucial because it helped our short film seem more professional. 

We added a few things just to tie the film together. We think it looks good, and we are excited to finally finish the project. We put a lot of effort into the blogs, filming, editing, website, various social media platforms, and the pamphlets. The editing process took approximately 4 hours, so we are glad to have it completed. Now, my group and I have to finish the pamphlet and we will be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment