Monday, November 30, 2020

Changes to Filming Schedule

 This past week, my group and I didn't have school. This was because Thanksgiving was this past Thursday. Initially, my group and I intended to film over the course of the week. However, we didn't consider the fact that our groupmates could be going out of town. Our group consists of 9 people, so it is difficult to agree on a date with somewhat short notice. Because of this, my group and I decided to film on separate days. There are certain scenes where we don't need everyone. As a result, we can film over the course of a few days, so it is more convenient for everybody. For example, in the first third of the short film, the only actors that need to be present are me (Stephanie), Tekla, Olga (Stephanie's mom), and Mats (Tekla's Dad). Therefore, we are planning to film different sections of the film on different days.

 Over the break, various group members did travel for the holiday to visit their families. Because of this, we are cautious about COVID. My group and I are insisting that everyone (including the people who didn't travel) to get tested to ensure our safety. We understand that being in a group is a high risk, and we are taking precautions for everyone's safety.

 In addition to this, different people were out of town at different times. This made filming impossible. We couldn't film the majority of the film, so we just planned the new schedule. We decided to divide filming into 3 separate days. This allows the actors to focus on fewer scenes, and we will have to film for less time each day. In addition to this, Tekla, Olga, Dominic, and I will most likely film the beginning of the short film within the next week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment