Thursday, October 24, 2019

Filming

Today my partner and I filmed our gatorade commercial. We went over to the senior patio first to film the rhythmic gymnastics scene. We filmed the same move about 10-15 times. Then we filmed my drinking scene in which I just drank gatorade. We also filmed this a few times. Then the camera died. My partner had checked the battery when we began filming, and it was completely charged, but it still died in 20 minutes. We then went to get another camera and proceeded to go to the building 5 stairs. I set up the tripod to the highest setting, and put the SD card inside the camera. However, the SD card got stuck, and the camera wouldn't film.
I then went back to the classroom, and got the SD card out. I went back downstairs and put the SD card back into the camera. We then pressed record and filmed me going up the stairs and Kaitlyn going down the stairs. We met halfway and gave each other a high five. This scene was extremely tiring for us because we were running on the stairs for about 10 minutes. We then decided that we took enough takes, and set up for the next scene in the same location. We put 5 unopened gatorade bottles next to each other and had the camera focus on the product. Then, Kaitlyn and I sat on the bottom step and pretended to talk. At the end of scene, we looked at the camera and smiled with a gatorade bottle in our hands. We did this scene about 7 times, and then we proceeded to go to the track field.
Once we got to the track field, we had to find a space where there wasn't people. I then recorded Kaitlyn running towards the camera on the field a few times, and running away from the camera. This allows us to have a variety of different takes. There were a lot of people at the track field because of the physical education class. This made it difficult to get takes where there weren't people in the background. However, I still got some people in the background for some of the shot because it looks more natural to the environment. After we got the takes, I shot Kaitlyn's drinking scene. We recorded this about 4-5 times and I believe that scene turned out really well. Kaitlyn and I were concerned that the footage of the first two scenes were deleted because of the old camera. Therefore, we went to the bleachers and re-shot those scenes. After we finished filming, we dumped the footage onto the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment