Monday, October 28, 2019

Almost Editing Blog

Today, my partner and I couldn't work on our blog. This is because pinnacle studios (the editing software we use) is not working. However, we uploaded the file from the desktop to google drive. This process took about 5 minutes. I logged into my account, and selected create new file. I then uploaded we looked at some of our footage. We had good takes, but the camera quality was poor. The videos didn't have much color and it lagged. It looked like we were running in slow motion. I think that we can possible put an effect to reverse the slow motion.

The camera quality wasn't good either. It didn't have a lot of pixels so it looked blurry. We understand that the camera is old, but we are also disappointed with the quality. In addition to this, the color wasn't vibrant. I believe the camera filtered it, so everything has more grey pigment. We will make the most out of it because sports commercial mainly use grey or blue undertones. The sound quality was terrible. We could barely hear anything that was in the original video. In some takes, there was no sound whatsoever. But we did a voice over to fix this.

For the first two scenes, we are planning to do a reverse shot. We will have Kaitlyn running towards the camera, and then have it change to her drinking Gatorade. The first scene would be a tilt. The scene would start at eye level. and as Kaitlyn is running closer, the camera lens slowly went upwards. It will cut back to Kaitlyn running in the opposite direction. Then my rhythmic gymnastics scene would be next, and then cut to me drinking Gatorade. All of the other scenes will hopefully go as planned. Unfortunately, we lost some of our footage. Kaitlyn filmed my rhythmic gymnastics scenes first, but the camera died. When the camera died, we lost all of that footage. However, we did re-shoot those scenes that same day because we feared that this could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment