Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing

Today and Monday my partner and I edited our commercial. Our computer was going extremely slow, so we didn't have all of class to complete it.  Kaitlyn and I both tried to import it, but we eventually figured it out. We then selected our shots. Unfortunately, some of the footage was not there. When we filmed, one of the rhythmic gymnastics scenes didn't save onto the SD so it couldn't be recovered. Then when we were importing footage, the other rhythmic gymnastics scene disappeared. Luckily the scene where I was drinking gatorade was still there. After we selected out shots, we imported them. This process took about 15 minutes.
Then, I put them in the correct order. I then had to trim each individual clip so the shot could be the length that we wanted. There were some uneven cuts in the video, so we removed them to make the video smoother. We kept on rewatching the video to make sure that it was too our liking. I then removed the original sound. However when I cut the blank spaces, the audio became choppy. I then had to go back and fix my mistake. We ended up just deleting the detached audio, and reverted it to its original form. Kaitlyn and I had about 45 minutes of editing time the next class(today). Today we added the sound and captions.
Pinnacle studios gave a few different options for sounds. I selected upbeat music and it gave a list of suggestions. Kaitlyn and I agreed on a sound so I inserted it. We then added the title screen by typing what we wanted to display. Then we typed our script in a similar format to subtitles. We thought that it would be easier to write the words instead of having the music lowered while speaking. We added our entire script and placed it where it seemed fit. Then we had to make sure that the video ran smoothly, and it didn't. I had to close all of the gaps, which made the sound choppy. As i was reinserting the music, Kaitlyn and I found a better sound, so we used that instead. After that our video was complete, and we turned it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment