Saturday, October 5, 2019

Introductory

My name is Stephanie W and I am a sophomore in high school. I am currently enrolled in AICE media studies. AICE classes are college level courses. They are graded by a college named Cambridge in England. In this particular  class I will learn about various camera angles, movements, sounds, mis-en-scene, etc. We present what we learn through multiple projects and blogs. I will be blogging every class on this website. Some of the projects I will complete are commercials, short films, and tests. 

My first assignment was to create this blog. This will help me understand how to write the blogs and explain the process that I go through in this class. My first project is to create a commercial for a certain topic. My partner and I haven’t chose our project topic. We will select it from different companies that are provided. We think that we will most likely pick Gatorade or Starbucks. Before we start filming, we have to create a storyboard. A storyboard allows you to draw your commercial six seconds at a time.

In addition to storyboarding, we have to create a script. Even if our commercial doesn’t have any dialogue, it is still important to know what background music and diegetic or non-diegetic sounds there will be. After our script and storyboard gets approved, then we can finally begin filming. After filming, we will go into the post production stage. This stage mainly consists of editing. Editing can greatly impact the commercial for multiple reasons. It can help the audience truly understand what is happening and can help them connect to the product. I’m excited to begin this process. -Stephanie W 10/7/19

No comments:

Post a Comment