Monday, April 6, 2020

Re-editing

School was canceled because of the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. Because of this, Kaitlyn and I couldn't meet up to re-edit together. Therefore, I re-edited since it was originally done on the computer. I reviewed the shots that we individually took. I then determined which to put into the opening sequence.
I put in a 10-second video with a black screen and no audio at the beginning. Kaitlyn and I felt the need to put a backstory to the plot so it would be more understandable for the audience. We wrote, "In a utopian society, each individual receives a red or green dot on their 16th birthday. If the individual gets red, they will be sent to a special facility. However, if the individual gets green, they get to stay with their family."
The next new scene we selected was the establishing shot. We forgot to insert a clip of Kailtytn's backyard in the original clip. Therefore we inserted another. The establishing shot was about 4 seconds long. I didn't have to edit anything for this take.
I re-inserted some clips, so I could use the original audio. This was helpful because now the audience could hear everything above the music. I had to put filters over some of the new flashforward scenes. I also had to insert some titles, and properly space them out. Overall, the re-editing process took about 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment